1. Correct your posture! It is hard to have an open heart when you're slouched. You also don't look as approachable or confident. Stand up straight, roll your shoulders back and shine your heart forward!
2. Express more love! Don't wait for love to come to you. First give it away, then let it come back to you amplified. Think random acts of kindness, and romancing friends and family members. Express yourself by writing a love letter, cooking a beautiful meal, or simply calling someone say you appreciate them.
3. Practice self love! Treat yourself to a bath, massage, Reiki treatment, or even just give yourself permission to stop to smell the flowers as you pass by a corner store.
4. Find out what kind of love you desire, and how you love. This will help you better articulate your love needs and understand how others may want to be loved as well. You can take the 5 love languages quiz here.
5. Plant medicines. Cacao is a great heart opener. This superfood is also super rich in magnesium, and antioxidants. You can get Cacao paste, nibs, or chocolate (70% and higher + organic & fair trade if possible) at most health food stores.
6. Cut cords with any "ghosts" of the past who still seem to affect you. This is a ceremonial session you can book with me.
7. Forgive! Remind yourself that hurt people, hurt people. People who have amazing, fulfilling lives do not have time to be putting others down. If someone is poking their nose into your life, ask yourself why they have time to even think about anyone else's business.
8. Try a meditation for heart opening. I really love Louise Hay's 5 minute heart opening mediation.
5-Minute Meditation to Open Your Heart
Breathe in. Breathe out.
Breathe in. Breathe out.
Breathe in and breathe out and just let go of all that stuff that is stuck inside you.
This is a special day and we don’t want to carry any old stuff with us.
Put one hand on your heart and one hand on your belly. And as you breathe quietly, notice how comforting that feels. Be aware that you can do this anytime and anywhere and take care of yourself.
You can make yourself feel better with simple gestures and your own breathe. How it calms you down. It lets yesterday go. It gives you a feeling of safety. You are here for yourself. And as you release yesterday and even this moment, you allow your full attention to come into this day, this hour, this time. Turn your full attention to this wonderful, wonderful day.
Let your heart open and make room for all the good of the Universe to come in.